Monday, September 8, 2008

Misery Business and Active Grandmothers

Poking around in YouTube reminded me of walking down a long corridor, with closed doors on both sides, and opening them randomly to see what was on the other side. I would never be so foolish to do this on the Web, so I'm not sure why what I found on YouTube surprised me. Probably because I previously only experienced YouTube through friends sending me pre-vetted videos that I thought would interest/amuse me.

To begin today's L2W2 discovery exercise, I searched on Vertino. Always a good idea to check here first and see if any incriminating videos appear under your own name. Whew -- no video highjinks featuring the immediate family, but I did find a demo reel of infomercial videos made by somebody named Joe Vertino. Imagine -- 20 minutes of unrelated informercial clips all in one place. Mind numbing, whoever you are, Joe Vertino. I would have plugged it in here for you to see, but alas, the clip read, Embedding disabled by request. His, I assume.

Strangely none of the videos featured on YouTube today moved me enough to even click to watch them. This is probably due to a halo effect from last night's MTV Video Awards. I couldn't pick many of the singers out of a lineup, as the saying goes (prophetically, for many in this group). Here is a clip of Paramore, singing their latest song, Misery Business. Or is it Misery Business, singing Paramore?



That experience made me feel old. So I decided to search YouTube on "grandma." Big mistake. It seems that many grandmas in videos are more active, shall we say, than I am.

Any suggestions on where to search next?

No comments: